The First Intel Lynnfield PCs

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

The First Intel Lynnfield PCs

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352493,00.asp
It isn't easy keeping up with Intel's enigmatically code-named chip releases, but on Tuesday it launched a processor called "Lynnfield." What does that mean to you? In a nutshell, Lynnfield (AKA Core i7-860, Core i7-870, and Core i5-750) and the new Intel P55 Express chipset represent the hot mainstream processors for the next generation of Intel-based PCs. Based on the Nehalem Core i7 processors introduced last year, Lynnfield processors are more efficient, more capable, and cheaper. Our tests on the first systems to use the chips, the Velocity Micro Edge Z30 and Falcon Northwest Talon (Core i7-860) , show these chips deliver performance that used to be available only in $5K gaming boxes, for a fraction of the price.
could someone please translate this into english for me?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: The First Intel Lynnfield PCs

Much cheapness, much fastness, ugh!

Will be kickass and cheaper than the older ones. What more do you need to know?
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Gavac220

Lol Bullet - nice 1.

Sounds positive! A new release that is faster, but cheaper? Who the hell took over Intel? I missed that one!
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Prices of CPU's yo yo all the time, my cpu I got last month, has gone up in price by 35 quid already.. 8O

Anyway, I think its the last paragraph that sums that huge wall of text up in that review Schlack.
The takeaway: If you're already running a Core i7 system with an up-to-date system (drivers, graphics card, etc.), you're in a good place and you should skip this rev. If you're running older quad-core hardware, then an upgrade may be important if you need a speedier system now.
So assuming your going to upgrade to a new PC Schlack ( which I believe you are ) and your after an intel, then these might be what your after.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

sweet, one piece of the puzzle sorted!
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin