Changing my IP address

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

recruit
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Changing my IP address

groinshot wrote:the ipconfig /release bit doesnt work. basically I want to change what I see on http://www.whatismyip.com/ and what other people see. It works if I don't use the router, but I would preferto be able to use the router...

Well that wouldnt work as its your public ip address you are wanting to change. Im confused about why your talking about modems.. you have a broadband connection yeah?
What ISP is it?
What home router do you have?
Have you looked in the router interface for release ip address?
Does it give you any other information about your ip address in the router page, such as TTL 27 Days?
The Techno Scotsman!

www.sinweb.co.uk
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Recruit, see below and my post before yours, ( think we posted at the same time) Perhaps you can help futher as im now going to be away for the best part of 2 days? Check the PDF out as well.
groinshot wrote: Im using a Scientific atlanta EPC2203 modem, straight from my ISP, and Im using a netgear RP614v3 router
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

you have a broadband connection yeah?-Yup
What ISP is it?-UPC ireland
What home router do you have?_Netgear RP614v3
Have you looked in the router interface for release ip address?-Yep, tried it, does nothing
Does it give you any other information about your ip address in the router page, such as TTL 27 Days?-nothing