CS GO beta

Chat about games on any platform of interest from golden oldies to future releases

Moderator: Administrator

Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: CS GO beta

Such service!

much obliged Ftang!
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Fuck!

Didn't get beta.. Valve you fuckers!
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

THANK YOU ION ab) ab) ab)
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

It was.... alright..?

Felt wierd and jerky...

Aim was off so so so much.. sound aswell..

But I think it can become a good game

But I really think it sucks that they removed the physics of the world.. everything is solid.. I also miss the spray logos!! :p
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I couldn't really fault it. I tok a long time changing and tweaking every setting over a half dozen rounds. Then I payed! Seemed just like CSS, with aim and recoil all very familiar. I really like it.
Dannyf
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

I think I got the beta last night at some stage. I do have a vague memory of downloading it last night after I left server1, but I don't particularly remember any details at all. Seems to be fully installed though!

I also apparently have a beta to gift to someone, so any takers?
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

Oh yes please if its going danny ?
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
Dannyf
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Sent.

Having played very little of the game, I'm actually quite happy with it. Guns are slightly different but its just a case of getting used to the recoil. The new guns will also add a little extra to the game, even if most of them are likely to be ignored. I do like the view blurring if you move while scoped-in with rifles.

The buy menu is obviously for console users, but since we play on computers it shouldn't really impact on us. I always use the number keys to buy everything (why I accidentally buy night-vision when it is in the same location as a diffuse kit) so it'll just be a case of remembering a new sequence of numbers for all my usual purchases.
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

good man danny cheers ! aa)
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

played a few hrs of it on sunday and i have to say i am quite pleased with how it plays, looking forward to the full game big style ! aa)
CrAp
Regular
Regular

i wasnt trully convinced, the movement feels alot slower then before. I enjoyed the weapons, they feel much more solid and the firing felt good. Looking forward to play with you bunch though.
Ftang
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I think the best edition so far is the ability to take control of bots when dead. It solves so many problems and gives dead players somthing to do.

Worst thing is, as others mentioned, the interface from the buy menu to key bindings it feels 'consolified' and just a lot more awkward then needs be.

Also learning the new weapons and firing differances brings back a certain exhileration to the firefights I hadn't realised I was missing and that no game since CS:S has ever really reproduced

CS:GO still has plenty of bugs and is a long way from release but other than a few niggles that could easily be ironed out I think it is a positive step for Counter-Strike
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

yeah crap it feels slower. if you have a bigger gun your turn around is slower and not only the movement. that's new.

you can use the old buyscript. the old weapons have the same names and you can add some new keys for molotov and other stuff. with the command "buy" in the console you can see which guns you can buy.

i binded the F-Keys for buying some stuff (vesthelmet/vest, Deagle, M4/Ak, shotgun, etc.) :)

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
CrAp
Regular
Regular

the more i play the more i like it. The movement is indeed depending on which weapon you use.