Craps PB error

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Craps PB error

Here's the server-side error message that happens when Crap was kicked off the game server - the key element is "Losing Key Packets" with a PB error number 9003. (IP and guid anonymised)

In case anyone has good ideas.

pb_sv_plist
PunkBuster Server: Player List: [Slot #] [GUID] [Address] [Status] [Power] [Auth Rate] [Recent SS] [O/S] [Name]
PunkBuster Server: 1 456dd10e00000b4e9362aca4aefb70e6(-) 83.134.222.254:3659 OK 1 3.1 0 (W) "CrAp0101949"
PunkBuster Server: End of Player List (1 Player)
PunkBuster Server: Player List: [Slot #] [GUID] [Address] [Status] [Power] [Auth Rate] [Recent SS] [O/S] [Name]
PunkBuster Server: 1 456dd10e00000b4e9362aca4aefb70e6(-) 83.134.222.254:3659 OK 1 3.0 0 (W) "CrAp0101949"
PunkBuster Server: End of Player List (1 Player)
PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9003: CrAp0101949 (slot #1) Losing Key Packets 9003 [456dd10e00000b4e9362aca4aefb70e6(-) 83.134.222.254:3659]
PunkBuster Server: Kick Command Issued (Losing Key Packets 9003) for (slot#1) 83.134.111.254:3659 456dd10e00000b4e9362aca4aefb70e6 CrAp0101949
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #1) 83.134.222.254:3659 456dd10e00000b4e9362aca4aefb70e6(-) CrAp0101949
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Craps PB error

probably stating the obvious here.

tried manual install/update of pb?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Might be something to do with metabans?

"We have determined that the root cause resulting in the server bans is not directly related to Battlefield 3, but rather related to select 3rd party services which server owners can use in conjunction with PunkBuster to protect their servers. "

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 157584552/
Illegitimi non carborundum

ionwg
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Just checked a number of threads it's seems the consensus is to update PB! However I suspect you have already done this. So my advice would be to wait for PB to release an update that works, you do not appear to be on your own.
CrAp
Regular
Regular

yes, ive updated PB several times. Ive also deleted it and reinstalled it several times. I also reinstalled BF3 and then updated PB. didnt work.
I also got 2 solutions from EA but they didnt work and ive scrolled the internet for a solution going from router settings to graphic settings conserning PB...but nothing worked.
So now im only playing on servers that dont have PB, best solution so far.

thnx for the help guys.
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I had a problem with PB when I was playing BF2. The way I fixed it was. I uninstalled the game and PB, then I went into regedit and removed all trace of the game and pb. You should try that
Tripe
Regular
Regular

Sayril wrote:I had a problem with PB when I was playing BF2. The way I fixed it was. I uninstalled the game and PB, then I went into regedit and removed all trace of the game and pb. You should try that
Like a boss?
CrAp
Regular
Regular

pfff, there are so many maps in the regedit with foldernames i cant understand. I looked into some of them but i couldnt find anything refering to PB.
Dont know where to begin removing everything in regedit regarding to PB and why is this better then a uninstall reinstall from BF3 along with PB/update?
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Because if you uninstall some of the registry files might not get deleted and that might fuck something up. Did for me..
And yes, LIKE A BOSS! aa)

btw I think you will find BF3 or/and pb in one of the following

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software
Redddraggon
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Tripe wrote:
Sayril wrote:I had a problem with PB when I was playing BF2. The way I fixed it was. I uninstalled the game and PB, then I went into regedit and removed all trace of the game and pb. You should try that
Like a boss?
Nah a boss would have replaced the C: drive and reinstalled Windows.
CrAp
Regular
Regular

ive searched every file of regedit after removing PB. No file found. after reïnstall PB no difference as in .....it doesnt work. But thnx,wurth a shot.
PB does not modify the system registry nor hide files or other information anywhere else on your system. The only time it does put some files hidden is in your user/appdata....
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

The web is full of angry peeps with the same problem.

This seems the most helpful, with a few finding solutions, but the majority waiting for EA to fix it. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7749056.page

This worked for some:-
Well, I've had the same issue when connecting to punkbuster enabled servers and spent a few hours troubleshooting aswell

My solution was pretty lame...
When starting a multiplayer session to a non-punkbuster enabled server I had the time to notice the gameplay settings.

The >Allow Punkbuster< Setting was set to >NO< by default.... which was causing me to disc everytime.
Changing the setting to >YES< worked for me

Hope it helps you guys
All you need to do is join an unranked server go to options and you will notice punkbuster is dissabled, eneble it and you should be able to join any server now.
Pretty simple and stupid fix but it fixed mine.
Worth trying a few of these, but follow the main thread for more advice and help mate
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

it's not metabans - Crappy has this issue on all PB servers including ours, only 1 in maybe 30 has metabans, and our metabans plugin is temporarily off.

Fundamentally the "lost packets" error is the game server PB module saying it has NOT had a reply to a query it made to the gamer's desktop client within some timeout. This can be because an out-of-date client simply doesn't understand the new query (and so ignores it) or something else is going on on the client that means the client PB module doesn't respond properly - those issues can include the PB client being starved of CPU time (e.g. low priority) or a firewall or router blocking certain packets. The most common reason seems to be an out-of-date client not responding properly to queries from a new server (hence the web hints) but probably not this in crappy's case.

I reckon it's jism on the keyboard.

Bambam
CrAp
Regular
Regular

i dont know what i did i what happend to make it ok again Bams, but i can play on PB servers again...
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

fuckin' A !! Good news crappy. Slarti, Nem and I were storming upstairs in Metro yesterday and missed your gung-ho kick-assness.