Quake anyone?

Chat about games on any platform of interest from golden oldies to future releases

Moderator: Administrator

Liu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Quake anyone?

So I had been eyeing up Quake 3 Team Arena on steam for a while when a friend pointed this out to me; http://www.quakelive.com/#!home
Quake Live. It's been around for years apparently so sorry if I'm stating the obvious and bringing up old news. Anyway, it's a completely free version of Quake 3 that runs off your web browser. That is to say if you use Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. It wont work with any other browser, even though it's sponsored by google chrome!!
Anyway, to the point. Registration is free and the plug in is safe, I use it. For the free version you can play DM, TDM, clan war ( like TDM except you start with all guns and 200 life and armour ) , CTF and duels ( 1v1 ). You also have to put up with a 15 second advert before joining each game ( excludes change of map, just joining a server ). Also the game does run full screen, not just a little window in your browser.
It's a great laugh a pretty fast paced as far as FPS goes, so if anyone wants a bash, comment or add Liu to your friends list once you join.

tl;dr Come play Quake. It's free, fast paced and fun!

Liu
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Quake anyone?

I signed up for this a while ago and surprisingly for a browser game (albeit fullscreen) it worked perfectly. I'm up for some old school quake action during the week.
Illegitimi non carborundum

MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Does it have voice comms?
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
Liu
Newcomer
Newcomer

No, Quake doesn't have voice comms.
Use of the TS3 server would be ideal for banter though as quake doesn't have too many tactics to it in the deathmatch/ TDM modes. Though Capture the flag and clan death match are possible options. Usually it's just a case of get a good stack ( weapons, ammo, health and armour ) and go kill folk! Also jump. Lots.

There is also another quake like game. Same engine but sped up. It's called "Warsow". Great fun, VERY fast and it's completely free and open source, so a lot of game modes and mods as well as maps made for it by players.
Here is a clip from a competitive 5v5 match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkK80yRj ... re=related
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Quake sounds good one night
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

This aint quake - its quake 3 summert or other (3.25 rev 6)

Quake 1 was the original and best.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Muddy's a hipster Luddite , he was hating new stuff before most of us were born!

Liu
Newcomer
Newcomer

MudShark wrote: Quake 1 was the original
No shit! hahaha
Nah, I'm kidding.
Yeah, I remember LANing on it years ago. Great fun, though the controls ( the ones Slartie uses ) are messed up!
I reckon Quake 2 was the best though, and Quake Live is still pretty good fun. It's also free has almost no demand from your PC. So no one has any excuse not to play!
:D
Liu
CrAp
Regular
Regular

your to grumpy mudsterino, if bfbc3 comes out youll fekkin buy it,play it and love it i tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

CrAp wrote:your to grumpy mudsterino, if bfbc3 comes out youll fekkin buy it,play it and love it i tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes he will!! if it involves Counter Terrorists Versus Terrorists planting bombs and rescuing retarded hostages.

Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

lol slarti