F1 2010

Chat about games on any platform of interest from golden oldies to future releases

Moderator: Administrator

Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

F1 2010

SHIT!

Simple. I can win GPs in any mode using the keyboard from the outset. The interface/menus are some of the most laborious in the gaming industry, and the cars handling is extremely unrealistic. When you know you have made a mistake and should of spun, you somehow miraculously continue, and other times when you know everything is perfect, the car spins. Totally made for consoles!

I am hugely disappointed. I have everyone of Geoff Crammond's "Grand Prix" series, and although extremely old, completely outshine this stinking pile of poo when it comes to giving you a real feel of F1.

If you go off on the outside of a corner by a few inches (Obviously costing you time, and no advantage) the feking game invalidates your qualifying lap for cutting a corner! Laughable. If you do some practice and gain some experience points, it wipes you whole career when you next load it up. A very well known fault that is on forums throughout the inter web. Bloody Codemasters have done nothing to correct it! No patches. A game that is supposed to simulate a Grand Prix season, that doesn't allow you to complete one. You have to skip the development programme all together if you want to actually try and complete all the races. Codemasters owe me a new keyboard due to the frustration this game has caused. Thank god I bought it at £14.00 in Steam Sale. I'd demand my money back if it was any other purchase, as it isn't fit for purpose.

I started as Lotus, I have 5 poles and 5 Grand Prix wins in first day of trying it on medium, so I upped the level. Well 5 poles and 5 wins later, I upped it again. Way too easy on all levels. I am now about to uninstall it.

I love Grid, and strangely it provides a much more realistic driving/handling experience! It is more challenging and much, much more fun!

AVOID! :evil:

Gavac220 (The biggest F1 fan in the world!)

Edit** Also uses Windows Live - need i say more?

Oh and finally, the graphics are truly pants! Bloody awful cartoony style!
Nemes1s
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: F1 2010

Roll on grid 2 a game last time I read any thing about it
Was nearly a year ago and the said it wouldn't be lone till it out
BATTLE ROYALE
CAN U KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND

Thundercat
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Original grid still rocks, you know they are gonna feck up grid 2
http://www.youtube.com/user/71Thunderous
New youtube channel (I fecked up my old one)
jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

I for one like this game, although granted - it does have some bugs, and quite a few missing features (wheres my F-duct damn it!?)

I've not played many F1 games, the last one was on the N64 but I've heard good things about the old games. Perhaps thats why I don't find this game that bad at all.

Best bit for me is the tracks - Monaco, Spa, Istanbul, Suzuka, Melbourne, Monza. Hell I love most of the tracks, just not the newer ones.

Keyboard to easy Gavac? Maybe your to good - always kicking butt on Grid unless Nemsis takes you out! :D Use a wheel myself to play F1, a pain to setup but good fun to drive - unless its wet, car becomes worse than a hovercraft to handle.