Firearms Source

Chat about games on any platform of interest from golden oldies to future releases

Moderator: Administrator

jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

Firearms Source

Anyone remember or play Firearms? It ran on the HL1 engine so fairly dated these days, still I remember it being good fun alternative to CS for a while.

It's similar to CS, there are 2 sides and various different classes. Can't remember if there was some ranking system as well whereby you can rank up to General or something for better weapons.

A source remake is in the works but as with most mods these days, no release date yet. But you can still grab the original off their site....

http://www.firearms-source.com

If anyone fancies a game let me know and I'll get round to installing it :D
Last edited by jackDEFECTORbauer on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

Re: Firearms

It's out for anyone who is interested! Downloading as I type :D

Read this preview for more info, sounds good.
http://planethalflife.gamespy.com/View. ... tail&id=87

Download page.
http://www.firearms-source.com/index.php?page=downloads

There are 3 files to download, the main install and 2 patches.
Last edited by jackDEFECTORbauer on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Firearms Source

Looks worth the download , gonna give it a whirl tommorow.
Illegitimi non carborundum

jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

I've had a chance to play and its pretty addictive. Quite similar to the original, not that I can remember it.

You have to choose your weapons and armour loadout, the more armour you carry the less guns you can haul around. You can also chose a skill to enhance certain things such as accuracy or gun recoil - only a few percent though. Every 10 frags you can rank up and unlock another small skill increase.

I'm not sure on the game modes just yet, just been shooting stuff so far but this has great scope to be highly team-orientated. I reckon a FA server on the new box could well be in order!

Give me shout if you want a game!
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Downloaded it last night ( about 900mb) .Only had a brief 2 minute run around , maps and weapons look like a cross between CS and DoD. Going to have a good bash at it tonight and see how she plays.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

careful though that this isnt another one hit wonder, neotokyo server was set up but none used it!
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Gavac220

:cry: I saw a lot of potential in NeoTokyo. Downloaded this anyway incase we need a decent sized team to trial it.
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

NeoTokyo was and is crap! i said it after the first match :D cant understand why you bought a server for this :/

The old Firearms was really fun. i will download the source version and try it.

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
Pingu
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

i shall be downloading this tonight