Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel

Anyone got one of these? I've had an cheapo wheel for a few years now and it never gets used - too much hassle to setup even though I do like my driving games. I've been using a 360 pad instead which works well but decided it was time to look into a force feedback wheel.

Some bloody expensive kit out there you may have seen like the G25 or G27. After reading plenty of reviews I decided on the Driving Force wheel. It's intended for the PS3 for GT5 when it finally comes out. Works perfectly on PC however as I don't have a PS3.

So far I've only been playing Grid with it. It's quite a steep curve to get used to the wheel but damn once you get the feel for the car your driving - its epic. It adds a massive amount of extra realism compared to a pad or keyboard. I was grinning like a cheshire cat after a few laps. Great fun to race with it. Well worth the hassle of plugging the wheel in, fixing to my desk etc.

Will try Dirt2 next or GTR2, but still got some cars on Grid that need mastering. :D

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wh ... vices/4172
CrAp
Regular
Regular

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel

i dont know much about racinggames but the wheel you suggestion looks cool.
heres a little revieuw of gaming with wheelshttp://www.brighthub.com/video-games/pc ... 28574.aspx
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel

Ive got a G25, which ive had for about a year now... A the time it cost be just under £150. Fantastic piece of kit which will last and last. Theres a new edition out now ( G27 ), which if im honest, may not be really worth the extra cash, but its up to you. Shame not many games enable the use of the clutch pedal, but still. I use the wheel with the max force feedback (150%) and when I first got it my wrists were killing me the next day lol. But you get used to that after a while. Ive had many a wheel and this is one of the best ive had, the pedals grip the floor extremely well ( as it also weighs quite a bit too which helps ) so you dont end up pushing them away from your feed each time you brake or accelorate. The wheel grips the table tops well as does the gear stick section, which I dont really use to be honest that often. Its nice to have tho, if you really want to up the realism without using padals on the column, as it has a 5 speed box and reverse, or can be switched over to a sequencial gear stick instead. ( up and down the gears ). The other benefit is that you can put the gear stick whereever you want, left or right side.

My only gripe is that I just wish there were 2 more function buttons on the wheel itself, which the new model has 6 now instead of 2 on mine.

There still is an element of setting up the wheel tho each time you want to use it, but its worth it. Its way better than using a console or keys as you get the feel of the car and enjoy the game much more in my opinion.

What you need, like me is one of these frames for your wheel... ;)

IXL