Broken GFX Card

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

UltimateSlinky
Newcomer
Newcomer

Broken GFX Card

Well last night I was playing on a game and my GFX went all screwy then my PC would'nt turn on :(

However I have found out that my Sound Card isnt broken after all... It was the GFX card stoping it from being so loud. I will be trying to buy another GFX card and some more Ram on Friday if I have enough money.

Pease ;)
Desmond A.K.A UltimateSlinky
Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67 GHz)
768 MB RAM
nVidia Gefore FX 5200 (Yea that's a bad system setup but I can play CSS with no problems)
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Re: Broken GFX Card

Good luck mate... ;)
UltimateSlinky
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks IXL... I am currently working out how much i can spend. Hopefully I can buy 2GB ram and just a little GFX card like Geforce FX 5200
Windows XP Pro SP2
768 MB RAM
nVidia Gefore FX 5200 (Yea that's a bad system setup but I can play CSS with no problems)
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

FX 5200 is pish. I had it for YEARS and it was awful. Splash out a bit more and get a decent card forget about the ram atm, or save for a bit longer and buy the ram too. ebuyer, dabs and komplett are all good cheap sites, and if you;re really stuck try ebay, I buy alot of stuff from them.what kind of budget you got for it?
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

What slot do you need? AGP or PCI-E ?
UltimateSlinky
Newcomer
Newcomer

groinshot wrote:FX 5200 is pish. I had it for YEARS and it was awful. Splash out a bit more and get a decent card forget about the ram atm, or save for a bit longer and buy the ram too. ebuyer, dabs and komplett are all good cheap sites, and if you;re really stuck try ebay, I buy alot of stuff from them.what kind of budget you got for it?
I only have a budget of £40 I only get £88 every 2 weeks (JobSeekers) I'm currently paying off a loan with the social :( It's my brithday on the 1st December so I could wait till then and buy it with bithday money :D
IXL wrote:What slot do you need? AGP or PCI-E ?
Its AGP

EDIT: Might be worth while me saving up for a motherboard bundle like this one Clicky and then work on it.
Windows XP Pro SP2
768 MB RAM
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Check ur inbox. ;)
UltimateSlinky
Newcomer
Newcomer

Just did :) Thanks
Windows XP Pro SP2
768 MB RAM
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

and again ;)