BIG problems when i enter S2

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

CrAp
Regular
Regular

BIG problems when i enter S2

I cant play on server 2 anymore, Im lagging and choking VERY hard. Never had that before on this scale. My In is up to 6000 and stays sometimes staidy on that number, when that happens i cant move and hear nothing.I fluctuate from 150 to 6000 and only gets a bit better when im speccing,but not playable atall. Everything is blocked and i hear paeces of conversations. When i talk they can hear short cuts aswell (witness=bullet). It began yesterday 06/04/2009 and i tried to do everything i know to lower ping etc... . Its only a problem im experiencing on server 2, when i join s1 or any other server emmidiatly the probs stop. So it must be s2? I also keep downloading the quake sounds when i join the server?! maybe its gotto do something with that? Feck im desperate!!!!!!help me!!!!save me!!!!DONT LEAVE ME!!!!!!!!
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: BIG problems when i enter S2

This could be the same problem that's been brought up a few times already. Major damage to BTs network near the Dartford tunnel - they recon it will take days to fix. They have re-routed lots of traffic but its causing lots of congestion. May be related.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
smithster
Regular
Regular

yep i agree.

Some clever folk doing building work for the 2012 olympics literally cut right through some major BT trunking lol, what a fail.
CrAp
Regular
Regular

but how come i still can play properly on other servers including S1 and S3? Are they not hosted from the same place?
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

CrAp wrote:but how come i still can play properly on other servers including S1 and S3? Are they not hosted from the same place?
Same place, same box, same switch, same hard line.

Ive no idea, without first hand evidence and details. Its "unlikely" tho that its server related, as knowone else has reported that same issue "yet".

Try joining the server at different times to "test" it, perhaps when its empty in the morning?

Does it ONLY happen on Server 2 or are you able to join other gungame servers?

Do you have any other traffic going though your router on that port? ( unlikely but just a guess ).

Can you upload a demo?

Perhaps your issue is "Map" specific, what map is it when you have this problem, or is it all of them?

Also, have a look in your config.cfg file in cs, what are your rates set to in there?
CrAp
Regular
Regular

-tried joining the server on my own today. It was much better but not as it should be.
-when my IN runs up to 8000 then its only on server 2. Ive joined other servers emmidiatly after the lag on s2 and it stopped.
-i looked if i had any other traffic going on and that was negative. I closed all my other applications aswell, like virusscanner, x-fire, messenger, everything what i thought that -could cauze troubs.
-The lag was NOT mapbinded, i joined s2 on different times and different maps and the problem was not solved or any different.
-Ive looked for my config files and all i could find was that my cl_updaterate "100" cl_cmdrate "100". This hasnt been changed since OFc didnt had enforced rates and i put it standard in my files.

ill keep trying other stuff etcetra,thnx for the help btw
CrAp
Regular
Regular

update,

did some new testing and the results are bad.
When the game starts my IN goes up to 2900, till they say 'play' then my IN drops between 200 and 100.
When i encounter an enemy my IN peaks up to 800.
I experience alot of lag/choke when i start the game and when im in action with the enemy. Its weird that i dont lag hard when im running arround or im running arround with my teammatebots. Its actually thesame as when im playing with real players but then its just harder lag and choke when im playing with real players. Also weird is that the lag and choke pulls the line thru to teamspeak. Normal when im having a bit choke or lag then the voices dont feel any harm atall. Now when im choking like hell the voices of my fellow gameplayers are having allot of problems to hear them aswell
The only good thing about all this is that its not server related. A few days ago i could play on s1 with no probs and now i cant play on any server without lagging:(
CrAp
Regular
Regular

THAT WAS THE KEYWORD BULLETINOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I fekkin solved it yeaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D :D :D
I looked into the steam settings and i dont know who it happend but my settings of my approximate speed of the internet connection was set to 'modem 56k'. I switched it to cable/fiber>10M and i went to s2 AND IT WAS SOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEET, SO FAST AND SO NICE TO PLAY NORMAL AGAIN. wow, really happy now :D

Next problem, the quakedownloading every time i join the server... :?
CrAp
Regular
Regular

the downloading quake sounds has been solved aswell,

Ive quit downloading sounds btw
-Open Notepad (Start button >> Programs >> Accessories >> Notepad)
-Type the above code in the Notepad file.
-Click File >> Save. In the "Save as type" box select "All Files." Then type "autoexec.cfg" (without the quotes) as the "File Name".
-Save the file to your cfg folder.

This though, stops downloading further sounds i think in any server.